Kids Food Basket Go Orange!
March is National Nutrition Month and time to Go Orange for West Michigan with Kids Food Basket! People across the country recognize the importance of eating healthy food. However, barriers to food equity still stand in the way of many Michigan families. 38% of Michigan households struggle to afford basic necessities including food.
Go Orange for West Michigan is to help raise awareness of childhood hunger. From March 1st to March 31st there will be special events and fundraising opportunities, and Kids Food Baskets makes it easy and fun to be apart of it all! Check out the list of events here, and I will also be sharing all of them on the Weekly 411 page!
I have also created an Amazon wish list that can be accessed here with popular items that are needed for sack lunches and suppers. You can also make a dollar donation here which is straight on the Kids Food Basket website.
Here are other ways that you can be involved –
- Decorate brown lunch bags either 8lbs ones or extra large.
- Volunteer your time, you can sign up here their portal makes it super easy to sign up for different shits.
- As mentioned above going to events during the month of March. Full list here and then I will be sharing them every week on the Weekly 411 page.
- Dinning out at participating restaurants –
- Wonderland Distilling, 1989 Lakeshore Dr Suite B, Muskegon, MI 49441, will have a special KFB cocktail! With every purchase of the cocktail, $1 will support Kids’ Food Basket programming. All throughout March.
- Hops at 84 East, 84 E 8th St, Holland, MI 49423, will feature KFB with the Community Pizza to support our programming.All throughout March.
- Brewery 4Two4, 321 Douglas Ave #120, Holland, MI 49424, a portion of proceeds from the Brewery 4Two4 Orange Push-Up beer will support KFB programming. All throughout March.
- Archival Brewing, 6266 W River Dr NE, Belmont, MI 49306, there will be a donation hour from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. where $1 of each beer goes to support KFB programming! All throughout March.
- Furniture City Creamery, 958 Cherry St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506, they will feature an orange ice cream with a portion of proceeds supporting KFB programming. All throughout March.
- Lake Michigan Nutrition, 3868 Lake Michigan Dr NW, Walker, MI 49534, they will feature an orange tea of the week with a percentage of proceeds supporting KFB programming. From March 6th to March 12th.
- Mr. B’s Pancake House, 1910 E Apple Ave, Muskegon, MI 49442, will donate 10-15% of all proceeds to support Kids’ Food Basket programming. March 7th only.
- The Score, 5301 Northland Dr NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525, 10% of proceeds will support KFB programming when you show the flyer below! March 8th from 5-10pm only.
- Chick-Fil-A, 2332 N Park Dr, Holland, MI 49424, a discount coupon will be applied to your order when you bring in applesauce cups/pouches for KFB programing. From March 13th to April 1st.
- Fatty Lumpkins, 971 Washington Ave, Muskegon, MI 49441, a percentage of proceeds will support KFB programming. March 16th only.
- Michigan Moonshine, 4005 Chicago Dr SW, Grandville, MI 49418, will have a special KFB cocktail to support Kids’ Food Basket programming. From March 20th to March 25th.
- Basalt, 1450 Wealthy St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506, will donate a percentage of proceeds to support Kids’ Food Basket programming. From March 21st to March 25th.
- Broad Leaf Westside, 443 Bridge St NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504, a percentage of proceeds will support KFB programming. March 23rd only.
- Hearthstone, 3350 Glade St, Muskegon, MI 49444, will donate 10-15% of all proceeds to support Kids’ Food Basket programming. On March 23rd from 4-9pm only.
- Luna, 7471 River St SE Ada, MI 49301, will donate a portion of proceeds to support Kids’ Food Basket programming. On March 24th only.
I’m super excited to Go Orange this year and help raise even more than last year! I hope to see you at some of the events, Lets Go Orange Grand Rapids!
Oh wow, such a great cause! I love that so many different places are getting behind the cause and making donations as well, so you can support this in so many ways 🙂 In Australia, we have free fruit for kids offered at one of our supermarket chains, but I haven’t seen any events like this.